FBT is launching the next step in the PROMAXX range of portable PA enclosures. With a specially developed polypropylene cabinet and stylish full grille aesthetic, the new PROMAXX by FBT represents the next step in the evolution of a portable sound classic.
Equipped with custom FBT speakers complete with B&C's renowned compression driver technology, PROMAXX combines true made-in-Italy quality and style. At its heart is a purpose-built FBT amplifier module with a switch-mode power supply. For the low frequency section, 700W RMS is driven via a highly efficient Class-D topology, boasting extremely low THD. For HF, meanwhile, 200W RMS is delivered by a Class-H / AB design chosen to ensure the highest definition of audio performance at high frequencies.
Also onboard is a powerful digital signal processing (DSP) platform made available to users of all levels thanks to an intuitive graphical user interface. Located on the rear of the enclosure, the menu-driven system is navigated via a single rotary control with push-to-select functionality.
Users can choose between 6 equalizer presets, each carefully designed by FBT engineers to ensure that every application is catered for (see below). Additionally, 2 preset slots are available for users to form their own designs, using 5 parametric equalizers per slot. Also available is a high-pass filter, a mic/line selector, low, mid and high tone settings and an optional delay of between 0 and 3.5 metres. Finally, users can exclusively choose between two limiter modes, MAX-SPL or MAX-QUALITY, to best suit their performance.
The PROMAXX feature-set is matched by the enclosure's versatility, with options for pole-mounting, wall-hanging, suspension or even deployment in an array. The result is the most accessible PROMAXX yet.
== Presets for every occasion ==
• PROMAXX: Offers 6 presets to cater for a broad variety of uses, each crafted by FBT engineers. Employing powerful DSP, the presets ensure reliability while eliminating distortion.
• ORIGINAL / LIVE: The renowned, smooth FBT sound
• VOCAL: A special EQ setting to maximise speech intelligibility
• DJ Designed: To keep the energy high and your audience dancing
• TOURING: The reliability and the roar of the industry's most popular touring systems
• LOUDNESS: The ultimate preset for listening at a medium or low volume
• WARM: A special setting to emphasise full-bodied, low-mid frequencies.